Monday, September 27, 2010

"The Real Slim Shady"

Hate me for it
Berate me for it
Say you ain’t gonna date me for it
But I said what I said
All the thoughts in my head
Telling you it’s time to go
Because you treat her like a queen
But treat me like I’m your ho
Well I don’t play like that
It ain’t gonna stay like that
Watch my feet as they hit the ground
I ain’t staying around
This romantic ghost town
I’m peeved
I’m irked
My broken heart is hurt
But I’ll lick my wounds somewhere else
Swallow my pride and protect myself
Because what you got to offer
Ain’t nothing but dreams
And the fantasy is starting to come apart at the seams
So stiffen your back and say it’s all fine
Act like I ain’t all that and you ain’t got the time
For a dumbass bitch like me
But you’ll see
When she tosses your ass out,
I ain’t got the time for you either, see?

A.R.M.
05/02/08

No comments:

Post a Comment